PCDART is a computer software program for managing your dairy herd information.
Advhttp://www.drms.org/pcdart.aspxantages to using PCDART
PCDART provides detailed, real-time information about your herd between test-days and gives you easier access to the wide array of reports and graphs available for your herd data.
Who should use PCDART?
- Dairy Producers
- Heifer Growers
- DHIA Staff
What do you get with PCDART?
Overview The program provides access to detailed individual cow data, herd summary data (graphically and in report form), and customizable user reports and graphs. Interfaces are available for many electronic meter systems to transfer daily milkweights and for some feed systems. With PCDART, you get:
- Custom Reports
- Trackers, Graphic Analysis
- Extensive Genomic & Health Data
- Mobile Management
- DHIA Test Day Input
- RFID, Networks, Protocols
Manage TimedAI Shots
PCDART can manage your TimedAI shots along with numerous user-defined chores and protocols using the Protocols system to help you track large numbers of animals. The program offers many features and is well suited to herds of any size – large or small. All of our field technicians use PCDART to enter and upload your test-day data, but we can also interface with other on-farm management software. Demo versions are available if you would like to see what the program has to offer.
PocketDairy provides a means to input and look-up detailed individual cow information, to-do lists, and reports for your herd while you are away from your primary computer. Using a handheld computer, PocketDairy provides access to your animals whenever and wherever you need it – even in the barn! The program is available on three different platforms (Palm, Windows Mobile, and Android), giving you the flexibility to choose the system that fits your budget and provides the features you need. For herds using RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) on their animals, PocketDairy can connect via Bluetooth to RFID wands, providing visual and audible feedback of identified animals and allowing you to select animals on which you can perform various actions.
WebReports provide a means for both PCDART users and non-PCDART users to access their test-day summary reports and graphs from DRMS online. Online access means you can see your herd summary and test-day results sooner, without the need to wait for them in the mail. Since WebReports are electronic, you can also print them out yourself and make as many copies and share them as much as you like. WebReports are available through DRMS at http://www.drms.org.
DRMS provides a free benchmarking tool to both producers and consultants called DairyMetrics. This online tool allows you to benchmark a herd against others in your state, across the country, or among peers of various sizes and types. DairyMetrics is available through DRMS at drms.org.
- Successfully used in herds with any herd size from 30 to 5,000+
- Track trends for activities, heifer herd, conception and maternity
- Create summaries, graphs or histograms to see current herd performance
- Manage DHI data to get quick, specific answers to what is making or breaking your herd’s profitability
- To-do list triggered for each animal to easily manage daily chores or protocols
- Active system; easy to customize
- View data and action lists and enter data cowside on your Android phone or tablet
- Over 50 genomics data items to create reports that merge relevant management information with genomics results
- Connect devices separated by feet or miles
- Timed AI System can be managed accurately and conveniently
- Preg Rate Summaries with numerous controls to identify current performance
- Conception Rate Summaries by technician, breeding trigger, etc.
- Semen Inventory automatically adds and subtracts due to breedings and purchases
- Breeding Input can be from desktop or mobile devices
Trackers Focus on Trends and Performance
- Activity, Heifer, Conception, and Maternity
- Summarize and generate graphs
- Identify trends and get details
- Quickly answer 1000’s of questions about:
- Herd performance / Breeder performance
- Recent drops
- Survival analysis
- Breeding triggers
- Sexed semen success / Service sire success
Milking Machine Interfaces
- Supports ALL major milking systems
- Clear, easy setup
- Reliable, scheduled data transfer
- Tools for custom reports
- Compatible with smartphones or devices with Android 2.2 or later
- Syncs wirelessly with PCDART for up-to-date management data
- Review cow and heifer pages, action lists, health, protocols and more
- Select specific items to appear on pages such as Hold Meat / Milk alerts or genomic data
- Input calved, heat, PGH, bred, dry, left, repro events and more
Day-to-Day uses for any herd size:
- Vet Check report – custom designed for your management style
- Daily reports for cows & heifers due to calve
- Daily reports for cows to turn dry
- Daily reports for cows & heifers to breed
- Health records for cows and heifers
- Input & track vaccinations for cows & heifers
- Make culling decisions by looking up individual cow & heifer health records
- See monthly and yearly trends for production, reproduction and herd health
PCDART’s networking tool connects all users on the farm and maximizes your investment in hardware.
- Real-time: simultaneous data entry at numerous workstations
- Sync mobile systems at remote stations
- Convenient user interface for setup and network options
- Network monitor for setup and troubleshooting
- Supports wired and wireless networks
- File server can be used as a workstation
- Provide security with a workstation password
- Keep working if network goes down
For Non-DHIA Members and Non-PCDART Farms
A version of the program is also available for heifer-growers that is free of test-day restrictions. This version allows easy transfer of animals to and from herds using PCDART or can be used by members or non-members in a standalone manner to track heifer records from non-PCDART farms.
Numerous consultants around the country use PCDART to help provide better service to their clients. A consultant version of the program is available, allowing access to records from multiple herds (at the producer’s discretion). Updated herd management data for each farm is available for free directly from the producer’s PCDART computer or through a download from DRMS for a reasonable fee.
For more information, please visit our Contact Us page.
See below for our hardware recommendations for more information on requirements for computers and handhelds when running PCDART and/or PocketDairy.
Learn more about PCDart from the DRMS.org.