“Let us help you find open cows”
The IDEXX Blood & Milk Pregnancy Analysis Test is blood or milk-based test for improving efficiency of reproductive programs in dairy herds. It complements current early pregnancy detection methods by monitoring pregnancy status and identifying open cows.
What is the test?
- Measures pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAGs) to determine pregnancy status. PAGs are released by the placenta during pregnancy and are specific to pregnancy unlike some other chemical indicators, such as progesterone.
- Uses ELISA technology, a rapid and trusted diagnostic method with a high level of accuracy (98+%); comparable to palpation and ultrasound.
- Effective from 6o DIM and 28 days carried calf (DCC) until dryoff.**
What are the advantages?
Blood & Milk pregnancy testing is simple.
- Use your DHIA samples or send samples in anytime through the mailing envelopes and boxes available from Lancaster DHIA.
- When not using DHIA test day sample, you can strip milk (after milk-prep procedures) from 1 quarter and send into the DHIA lab.
- Choose cows for initial confirmation, mid-lactation, or pre-dryoff verification using DHIA reports or dates at the request of your veterinarian.
- Blood samples may be sent with your DHIA test samples, mailed in with milk pregnancy samples or mailed separately.
Blood & Milk pregnancy testing is easy.
- Ask your DHIA technician on testday or call the office for the supplies needed to use between tests.
- Use DHIA reports to identify cows you want to test that are beyond 60 DIM and bred more than 28 days and cows to confirm before dryoff. Plus Heifers bred 28 days or more. See chart below.
Blood & Milk pregnancy testing is low cost.
- Call for current pricing and volume pricing
(Volume discounts also available.)
- Shipping is billed at cost.
- Members: charges will be combined with your DHIA bill.
- Non-Members: please include payment for testing and shipping unless other arrangements have been approved.